Shalakya Tantra Department
Ayurveda is “Veda of Ayu”. It’s main aim is to maintain the health of a healthy person & to cure the disease of a diseased one. To achieve this aim, Ayurveda is broadly classified into 8 parts called Astang Ayurveda. Out of the 8 parts of Astang, Shalakya Tantra is one of them.
In Shalakya Tantra the diseases of parts of body above clavicles are dealt with. In which tantra “Shalakya” is used primarily to cure diseases is called as Shalakya tantra. A part of Astang Ayurveda; in which diseases related to parts lying above clavicles i.e. ears, eyes, mouth, nose etc. are dealt with & treated,and method of using Shlaka (probe) is mentioned; is called as Shalakya Tantra.
Highlights of the Department:
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders related with Shalakya.
- Ocular Physiotherapy specially Yoga & eye sight.
- Kriya Kalpa (Ayurvedic topical administration of drugs).
- Magnetotherapy, Acupressure and Acupuncture.
- Live demonstration on patients
- Audio Visual cassettes
- Demonstration Charts
- X-ray files
Camps Organised by Department time to time.